Monday, August 23, 2010

Horticulture In SL

And for all you perverts out there, that's a fancy name for plants and flowers, not what you're thinking.

Ok, now that we've cleared that up, on to the point of this post.

There's a store in SL that sells plants and flowers that grow in real time. Allen Parks, the owner, has made plants that grow on a daily basis. You rez them out and then click them. A drop down menu appears and you click the appropriate button to start your plant growing. (the floating text disappears after a few seconds) Depending on what you purchase determines the length of time it takes to reach full growth.



Trees 20-27 RL days
Flowers 7- 15 RL days
Plants 7- 27 RL days



This is one of the coolest things I have seen in SL and I myself own quite a few of them.  This is one of them, fully grown, a Laurel Tree.



I purchased this tree today, a Western Juniper.  I'm in the picture to show perspective.  When it reaches it's full growth it will be as large as the Laurel tree.



They're all one prim and the textures are of excellent quality. They're also reasonably priced, ranging from 39L up to 99L. And you also receive a free flower when you purchase any item. (This is on a monthly basis, if you purchase a plant in August you get one free flower for that month only) All are copy/no trans.



I'm posting this on the Parktown blog because to be honest, I know more people read it than mine. And no, I'm not getting anything for doing this.

So, if you're looking for great quality low prim trees, flowers or plants for your land, that change on a daily basis, go check out the store.

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Holt/208/226/44

1 comment:

  1. Phew oh gawd for a second there I was confused thinking wtf Boyd sure has changed!

    Sabre I read your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Vendors and Creators